Certificate Brands and Models
Tencent Cloud provides the following brands of SSL certificates for sale:
||SecureSite is the world's largest information security service provider and most reputable certificate authority. It provides a wide spectrum of content and network security solutions to individuals, businesses, and service providers.93% of Fortune Global 500 companies choose VeriSign SSL digital certificates. SecureSite acquired VeriSign in August 2010, changed VeriSign's product name and brand logo in April 2012, and since then has been providing the VeriSign verification service.
||GeoTrust, the world's second-largest digital certificate authority (CA) and a leader in identity verification and trust certification, provides state-of-the-art technologies that enable organizations and companies of all sizes to deploy SSL digital certificates securely and cost-effectively and to implement a wide range of identity verifications.GeoTrust was founded in 2001, and by 2006, it accounted for 25% of the global market. VeriSign acquired GeoTrust for 125 million USD in May-September 2006, and is now another cost-effective SSL certificate brand under SecureSite.
||TrustAsia, a brand under Yashu Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd in the field of information security, is a SecureSite platinum partner. TrustAsia specializes in providing businesses with complete network security services including digital certificates. TrustAsia SSL certificates are issued using Sectigo root certificates.
||Founded in 1996, GlobalSign is a reputable and trusted CA and provider of SSL certificates with more than 20 million SSL certificates issued worldwide.A great number of server providers, domain name registrars, and system service providers in the Chinese market prefer GlobalSign and partner with it for digital certification services.
||WoTrus, operated by WoTrus CA Limited, is an internationally verified CA that has also obtained the electronic certification service license (issued by the MIIT) of China. It provides third-party digital identity verification for organizations and issues globally trusted digital certificates.
|DNSPod GM (SM2)
||Tencent Cloud’s DNSPod certificate adopts the GM standards and is completely China-developed. Supported by well-reputed CAs in China, it is highly convenient and efficient and complies with regulatory requirements of China.
|DNSPod International (SM2)
||Tencent Cloud's DNSPod provides the international standard certificates on the basis of the SM certificates, balancing SM algorithm compliance and universal application.
The certificates of different brands vary depending on the browser address bar, encryption level, and the level guaranteed compensation. The most important difference lies in their root certificates as follows:
- A TrustAsia wildcard certificate is issued using a Sectigo root certificate. Serving more than 150 countries/regions, Sectigo is a world-leading CA with a long history. It also supports OCSP nodes in the Chinese mainland with faster response.
- A GeoTrust wildcard certificate is issued using a GeoTrust root certificate, a SecureSite wildcard certificate using a SecureSite root certificate, and a DigiCert wildcard certificate using a DigiCert root certificate.
- A GlobalSign wildcard certificate is issued using a GlobalSign root certificate, a DNSPod certificate using a WoTrus root certificate, and a WoTrus wildcard certificate using a Sectigo root certificate.
From a technical point of view, the differences between SecureSite (former VeriSign) and GeoTrust are as follows:
- Compatibility: SecureSite outperforms GeoTrust. SecureSite is compatible with all browsers commercially available and many mobile devices.
- OCSP response speed: SecureSite outperforms GeoTrust.
- CA security: SecureSite outperforms GeoTrust. As an internationally renowned security vendor, SecureSite provides the best CA security in the world.
- Data security: In addition to encrypted data transmission, SecureSite certificates provide malware scanning and vulnerability assessment.
- Commercial insurance compensation for certificate: SecureSite (up to 1.75 million USD) outperforms GeoTrust (up to 1.5 million USD).