This document describes how to add components in the EMR console.
- You need to manage the components through Cluster Service. Component changes made directly by logging in to a node (such as adding a component) will not be synced to the console and thus cannot be further managed.
- Components on a different EMR version or component version cannot be added. Instead, you can only add components on the current EMR version.
- Log in to the EMR console and click the ID/Name of the target cluster in the cluster list to enter the cluster details page.
- On the cluster details page, select Cluster Service > Add Component to add a component not installed in the cluster.
- If there is no metadatabase in the cluster and Hue, Ranger, Oozie, Druid, and Superset components are to be installed, you need to purchase a TencentDB instance as the metadata store. You cannot add the Kudu component to a non-HA cluster.
- There are two storage options for Hive metadata: you can store the metadata in the MetaDB (default option) or associate the metadata with EMR-MetaDB or a self-built MySQL database. In the latter case, metadata will be stored in the associated database and will not be deleted when the cluster is terminated.
- The selection for MetaDB purchase and Hive metadatabase is the same as when you purchase a new cluster.
- After selecting the component, click OK.