This feature allows you to manage (e.g., add, edit, or delete) users in an EMR cluster easily. New users can submit Hadoop cluster tasks.
- User management is available only for EMR-v2.6.0 and EMR-v3.2.1 and above.
- You need to manually trigger the delivery of configuration for ranger-ugsync-site.xml and restart the EnableUnixAuth service for user configurations to take effect.
- Deleting users and resetting passwords may cause a running task to fail.
- Log in to the EMR console and click the ID/Name of a cluster in the cluster list to enter the cluster details page.
- Click User Management. On the displayed page, you can add and delete users in batches, reset passwords, and download keytabs.
- Click Create User to create a user. Username, User Group, and Password are required and Remarks is optional.
- Manually trigger the delivery of configuration for ranger-ugsync-site.xml and restart the service.
- Log in to the EMR console, select the target cluster in the cluster list, and click Cluster Service to enter the cluster service list.
- Select Operation > Configuration Management in the upper-right corner of the Ranger service panel.
- On the Configuration Management page, select the ranger-ugsync-site.xml configuration file, click Modify Configuration and make no modification. Then, click Save Configuration below, and select Save and Deliver in the pop-up window.
- Return to the Role Management page, select the EnableUnixAuth service and click Restart Service.
- Reset a password.
On the user management page, find the user whose password needs to be changed and click Reset Password on the right. Enter the new password and confirm, and click Confirm.
- Download a keytab.
On the user management page, find the user for whom you want to download the keytab and click Download Keytab. The keytab can be used to log in to the cluster.
Keytab downloading is available only for Kerberos clusters.
- Delete a user.
On the user management page, find the user to be deleted and click Delete on the right. Then click Delete.