This document describes how to add an SRV record to identify the service used by a server. It is often used for directory management in Microsoft systems.
You have created the corresponding private domain. For details, see Creating Private Domain.
- Log in to the Private DNS console and click Private Domain List on the left sidebar to enter the private domain list.
- In the Private Domain List, click the name of the private domain for which you need to create an SRV record or DNS as shown below:
- On the DNS Records tab, click Add Record and enter the following record value information as shown below:
- Host: set it to a value in the format of "service name.protocol type", such as
- Record Type: select SRV.
- Record Value: set it to a value in the format of “priority weight port hostname”. A "." will be automatically appended to the domain name when the record is generated.
An example value is
0 5 5060 sipserver.dnspod.cn.
- Weight: leave it empty.
- MX Priority: leave it empty.
- TTL: it is the cache time and 300s by default. The smaller the value, the faster the change to the record will take effect. You can enter an integer between 1 and 86400.
- Click Save.
If anything goes wrong during this process, please contact us.