This document describes how to log in to a Windows instance through Remote Desktop Connection on a local Windows computer.
- You have created an ECM instance and obtained its public IP.
- You must have the admin account and password for logging in to a Windows instance remotely.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it.
The following steps take Windows 10 as an example.
- On a local Windows PC, right-click and select Run:
- In the Run window, enter mstsc and press Enter to open the Remote Desktop Connection window .
- Enter the Windows instance's public IP after Computer and click Connect.
- Enter the instance's admin account/password in the Windows Security pop-up window .
If the Do you trust this remote connection? window pops up, you can select Don't ask me again for connections to this computer and click Connect.
- Click OK to log in to the Windows instance.