This document describes block relationships in classic project management.
- Log in to the CODING Console and click Use Now to go to CODING page.
- Click in the upper-right corner to open the project list page and click a project icon to open the corresponding project.
- In the menu on the left, click Project Collaboration.
If Issue A is impeded by the progress of Issue B, Issue B can be defined as a block relationship of Issue A. Block relationships are supported for all CODING Project Collaboration issues (requirements, tasks, and bugs) and are divided into pre-issues and post-issues.
- Pre-issue: An issue that needs to be completed before the current issue starts.
- Post-issue: The current issue needs to be completed before a post-issue can start.
The following example uses a requirement to demonstrate how you can configure and view block relationships.
Configure Block Relationship
- On the issue details page, select
··· at the top and click Block Relationship in the menu.
- In Block Relationships, select between a pre-issue and post-issue, search for an issue by its ID or title, and then associate it.
- You can select
··· to the right of an associated issue with a block relationship and click Disassociate.
View Block Relationships
- On the issue details page, you can view block relationships that are associated with the current issue.
- In Plans, teams can view the block relationships of specific issues in the Gantt chart and make quick modifications. See Plans for details.