You can adjust the configuration of a purchased private engine. You don't need to adjust the configuration of public engines as they are managed by the system in a unified manner.
You can adjust the configuration of a data engine only if it has no running tasks or is suspended. The engine will be unavailable during configuration adjustment and will be restarted automatically after the adjustment is completed.
Adjusting the Configuration of a Monthly Subscribed Engine
You can adjust the CU configuration of a monthly subscribed private engine in the Data Lake Compute console. For more information, see Managing Private Data Engine.
Configuration upgrade billing rules
- The price difference for upgrading the configuration of a data engine should be made up based on the number of days. Configuration upgrade fees = price difference for upgrade per month * number of months for upgrade.
- Price difference for the upgrade per month: Unit price difference between the new and old configurations.
- Configuration upgrade fees are calculated by the number of days. Number of days for upgrade = resource expiration time - current time
- Number of months for upgrade = number of days for upgrade / (365/12)
- Configuration upgrade doesn't affect the resource expiration time.
- You can pay configuration upgrade fees by using your vouchers and free credits.
Configuration downgrade billing rules
Refund for data engine configuration downgrade = fees of original specification - fees of new specification. For more information, see Refund.
- If the refund is greater than 0, the configuration will be downgraded, and fees will be returned to your Tencent Cloud account accordingly.
- If the refund is less than or equal to 0, the configuration will be downgraded, but no fees will be refunded.
- If you use a discount or voucher for purchase, the discount amount and voucher will not be refunded.
Adjusting the Configuration of a Pay-As-You-Go Engine
You can adjust the CU configuration of a pay-as-you-go private engine in the Data Lake Compute console. For more information, see Managing Private Data Engine. After the adjustment operation is submitted, the cluster status will become Changing configuration. After the adjustment is completed, the engine will be billed in pay-as-you-go mode based on the new configuration.