The price of a CVM instance consists of hardware (CPUs and memory), disk (system disks and data disks), and network fees. When you purchase a CVM instance, the corresponding resources are available on the purchase page. This document describes the pricing, purchase method, and configuration modification of CVM instance hardware (CPUs and memory).
Prices for Pay-as-You-Go Instances
This section describes the pricing rules for pay-as-you-go CVM instances. Please use CVM Price Calculator to check out the price details.
Some CVM instance types are billed on a pay-as-you-go basis with 3-tiered pricing. For instance types that support 3-tiered pricing, newly purchased instances, and CVM instances where the original configuration remains unchanged are billed based on 3-tiered pricing. For details about instance types that support and do not support 3-tiered pricing, see the tiered pricing details on the purchase page.
- The list prices of pay-as-you-go instances is at an hourly rate. They are billed per second on an hourly billing cycle.
- The CVM tiered pricing policy applies only to the CPU and memory fees.
- The price calculator displays the tier-1 price.
For details about instance types that support and do not support tiered pricing, see the tiered pricing details on the purchase page or pricing center.
- For instance types that support 3-tiered pricing: Tier-2 price = Tier-1 price x 50%; Tier-3 price = Tier-1 price x 34%
- For instance types that do not support 3-tiered pricing: Tier-1 price = Tier-2 price = Tier-3 price
- The tiered pricing policy applies only to CVMs with unchanged configurations. If the configuration of a CVM is changed, the CVM is thereafter billed based on the tier-1 price of the new configuration.
For example, the original configuration of a CVM is 2C4G. When the CVM is used for 100 hours, it enters the tier-2 pricing phase. If the configuration is changed to 1C2G at this time, the CVM is billed based on the tier-1 pricing of 1C2G.
- The overdue payment policy for pay-as-you-go CVMs remains unchanged. For details, see Overdue payment policy.
- Discounts are not provided for pay-as-you-go CVMs.
- Eligible pay-as-you-go instances (CPU and memory) are not charged after shutdown. For details, see No Charges When Shut Down for Pay-as-You-Go Instances.
During the No Charges When Shut Down period, pay-as-you-go instances support for the tiered pricing no longer calculate the usage period. After the instance is restarted, its usage period will continue to count.
- Ineligible instances will still be charged after shutdown.