This document explains the billing of bill-by-IP accounts and provides related billing examples.
For bill-by-IP accounts, the CLB cost involves the following four parts: instance fee, public network fee, cross-region binding fee and LCU fee.
- Only LCU-supported CLB instances incur LCU usage fees. LCU-supported CLB instances are only available to beta users now. To use it, please submit an application.
- Shared CLB instances are free of LCU charges.
|Account Type||Network Type||Instance Type||Instance Fee||Public Network Fee||Cross-region Binding Fee||LCU Fee|
Tencent Cloud plans to upgrade the architecture of all CLB instances staring from 00:00:00, November 2, 2021 (UTC +8). After the upgrade, the guaranteed performance of each individual CLB instance will be increased to 50,000 concurrent connections, 5,000 new connections per second and 5,000 QPS. The new unit price for CLB instances (both private and public network) is 0.686 USD/day for most regions, and 1.029 USD/day for the rest regions. See CLB Instance Upgrade and Price Adjustment for more details.
The CLB cost is calculated on the actual amount of usage.
The instance fee is billed by hour and settled once every hour. Each partial hour is billed as a full hour.
|Region||Instance Fee (Unit: USD/Day)|
|Guangzhou, Shanghai, Nanjing, Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Hong Kong (China), Singapore, Jakarta, Silicon Valley, Virginia, Toronto, Moscow||0.686|
|Bangkok, Mumbai, Seoul, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo||1.029|
- Fee for one settlement cycle will be deducted in advance when you create a pay-as-you-go CLB instance. Make sure that your account balance is sufficient.
- The CLB instance will incur hourly instance fees even when it is idle (i.e., there is no access requests and no real server is bound).
This billing mode is based on the total volume of data (in GB) transferred over the public network and settled once every hour, which is applicable to scenarios where the business traffic fluctuates greatly. If your bandwidth utilization is below 10%, we recommend using bill-by-traffic.
- Currently, the outbound traffic is billable, i.e., traffic from CLB to the public network.
- To avoid unexpected costs due to traffic surges, you can set a bandwidth cap. Any traffic over the cap is dropped and does not incur charges.
- The traffic units are 1024-based. For example, 1 TB = 1,024 GB, and 1 GB = 1,024 MB.
|Region||Public Network Fee (Unit: USD/GB)|
|Chinese mainland, Seoul, Hong Kong (China), Jakarta||0.12|
|Frankfurt, Toronto, Silicon Valley||0.077|
For more details on how LCU is billed in the pay-as-you-go modal, see LCU Billing.
Suppose you use a pay-as-you-go CLB instance with bill-by-traffic public network and the total traffic from CLB to the public network is 2 GB between June 1st 10:00:00 and June 2nd 09:59:59 in Guangzhou.
Suppose you use a pay-as-you-go CLB instance with bill-by-BWP public network between June 1st 10:00:00 and June 2nd 09:59:59 in Guangzhou.
Suppose you use a pay-as-you-go CLB instance with bill-by-traffic public network, the total traffic from CLB to the public network is 2 GB between June 1st 10:00:00 and June 2nd 09:59:59 in Guangzhou and the average LCUs used per hour is 2 LCUs.
Suppose you use a pay-as-you-go CLB instance with bill-by-BWP public network between June 1st 10:00:00 and June 2nd 09:59:59 in Guangzhou and the average LCUs used per hour is 2 LCUs.