Similar to a private IP, HAVIP binding can also be configured in the console. Binding a HAVIP refers to EIP operations. You can skip this section if no public network connection is needed.
HAVIP is currently in beta. To try it out, please submit a ticket.
- An HAVIP can only be bound with one EIP. If no EIP is available, you must first create an EIP in the console.
- If the HAVIP is not bounded with a CVM instance, the corresponding EIP will be in idle status and will incur an idle fee. Please configure the HAVIP correctly and bind it to an instance by referring to the following cases:
- Building High Availability Primary/Secondary Cluster by Using HAVIP + Keepalived under Best Practice
- Creating a High-availability Database by Using HAVIP + Windows Server Failover Cluster under Best Practice
- Your public network business may be affected after unbinding the EIP. Please get ready in advance.
- After being unbound, the EIP will be idle and incur an idle fee. You can directly release unused EIPs to avoid costs.