By configuring alarm policies, you can monitor the status of resources on a VPC, such as NAT gateway, VPN gateway, direct connect gateway, EIP, etc., so as to discover the abnormal running of cloud resources in time, locate and solve problems ASAP.
Configuring an Alarm Policy
- Log in to the Cloud Monitor console.
- Select Alarm Configuration > Alarm Policy in the left sidebar to enter the alarm policy configuration page.
- Click Create, enter a policy name, select a VPC cloud resource to be configured for policy type, such as VPC > EIP, and then configure alarm rules and alarm notifications.
- Click Complete. You can see the set alarm policy in the alarm policy list.
To delete an alarm policy, you need to first unbind all resources from it.
- When an alarm is triggered, you will receive the alarm notification through the selected alarm channel (SMS / email/ Message Center, etc.).
Alarm policy configurations for different cloud resources are detailed below:
Viewing Monitoring Information
You can view the monitoring information of the corresponding cloud resources in the VPC console to help you troubleshoot the network failures. See: