This document describes how to view the MySQL instance backup space and free tier in the console.
The backup space occupied by TencentDB for MySQL instance backup files is allocated by region. It is equivalent to the total storage space used by all MySQL database backups in a region, including automatic data backups, manual data backups, and log backups. Increasing the backup retention time or manual backup frequency will use more database backup space.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MySQL console and select Database Backup on the left sidebar.
- Select a region at the top to view its backup information on the Overview tab, including total backup, backup trend, and real-time backup statistics.
- Total Backup: this section displays the size and quantity of all, data, and log backups as well as the free tier occupied by all the backups.
- Green: the total backup space used does not exceed the free tier.
- Orange: the total backup space used has exceeded the free tier and incurred fees. For more information, please see Backup Space Billing.
- Backup Trend: this section displays the trends of total backup, data backup, log backup, and free space.
- Real-Time Backup Statistics: this section displays the instance IDs/names (you can click an ID/name to enter the instance details page), backup space (which can be sorted by size), and data/log backups in the selected region. You can search for an instance by ID/name in the search box in the top-right corner.
- Select Backup List at the top, where the backup list is divided into Data Backup List and Log Backup List. You can click an instance ID/name in the list to enter the instance details page. The backup list supports filtering by time period and fuzzy search by instance ID/name.
- Data backup list
- Filtering by list field is supported:
Type: all, logical cold backup, physical cold backup.
Backup Mode: all, auto, manual.
Backup Method: currently, only full backup is supported.
- Backups can be sorted by backup time, task start time, task end time, and backup size.
- Click Details in the Operation column to enter the instance backup and restoration page, where you can click Download to download backups. Only manual backups can be deleted.
- Log backup list
- Backups can be sorted by log data start time and end time.
- Click Details in the Operation column to enter the instance backup and restoration page, where you can click Download to download logs.
How is the backup space exceeding the free tier billed? How do I reduce the cost of backup space?
For more information, please see Backup Space Billing.