Backup task settings include global variables of manual and scheduled backup, such as the backup file format and backup task execution option.
This document describes how to configure a backup task in the console.
Only Cluster Edition 2017/2019 instances support the backup task execution option.
- Log in to the TencentDB for SQL Server console.
- Select the region at the top, find the target instance, and click the target instance ID or Manage in the Operation column to enter the instance management page.
- On the Backup Management tab, click Backup Task Settings.
- Specify configuration items in the pop-up window and click Save.
- Upload Backup File: You can specify the format of backup files (Archive file or Unarchived files). By default, backup files (i.e., .bak files) will be archived into a .tar file and then uploaded to COS. If you select "Unarchived files" as the backup file format, the .bak file of each database in the instance will be directly uploaded to COS without being archived.
- Execute Backup Task: You can decide whether to back up on the primary or replica node. By default, data is backed up on the primary node.