A multi-AZ is created by combining multiple AZs in the same region. A multi-AZ deployed cluster has better disaster recovery capabilities than a single-AZ deployed cluster and can protect your database instances from IDC-level failure or AZ outages. An existing single-AZ deployed cluster can be automatically upgraded to a multi-AZ one through online data migration without business interruptions.
The multi-AZ feature is currently available free of charge; that is, a single-AZ deployed cluster can be upgraded to a multi-AZ one for free.
This feature is currently unavailable in Shenzhen Finance, Jakarta, and Mumbai regions and will be available in more regions and AZs in the future.
- If Reading Local Nodes Only is not required, upgrading to multi-AZ deployment will involve metadata migration only without affecting the service, which generally take less than three minutes to complete.
- If Reading Local Nodes Only is required, you will need to upgrade the proxy version and Redis kernel minor version, which will involve data migration and may take hours to complete. There will be one or several momentary disconnections within three minutes after the upgrade is completed, so make sure that your business has an automatic reconnection mechanism.
- The cluster region has at least two AZs.
- The database is on v4.0 or later.
- The instance is in Running status.
- Log in to the TencentDB for Redis console.
- Above the Instance List on the right, select the region.
- In the instance list, find the target instance.
- Click the instance ID of the target instance in blue to enter the Instance Details page.
- In the Basic Info section on the Instance Details page, click Upgrade to Support Multi-AZ Deployment after AZ.
- In the Upgrade to Support Multi-AZ Deployment window, learn more about the impact of upgrading to multi-AZ deployment, confirm whether to support Reading Local Nodes Only, and click OK.
- The Instance Status in Basic Info becomes Upgrading to support multi-AZ deployment. Wait for the status to become Running.
After the upgrade, you need to manually change the AZs of replica nodes so that they are in different AZs as the master node. For detailed directions, see Adding Replicas to Multi-AZ Deployed Instance.