The network bandwidth required varies depending on the instance specifications. If the traffic exceeds the bandwidth cap, it may cause congestion and affect the service performance. For example, to handle business traffic peaks during flash sales, or to eliminate the impact of the bandwidth limit when a lot of big key reads and writes occur temporarily, you can quickly increase the instance bandwidth to avoid affecting the business.
Increasing the bandwidth is free of charge currently but will be billed in the future.
- Standard bandwidth: It is the bandwidth per (master or replica) node in the instance.
- Read-only replica bandwidth: Each read-only replica has the same bandwidth as that of the master.
- Additional bandwidth: If the standard bandwidth cannot meet your needs, you can add additional bandwidth.
Increasing the bandwidth will not affect your business, but reducing the bandwidth may cause throttling of the traffic that exceeds the bandwidth.
- The database instance is on v4.0 or later.
- The database instance is in Running status.
- The bandwidth of the database instance isn't suitable for the current business.
- Log in to the TencentDB for Redis console.
- Above the Instance List on the right, select the region.
- In the instance list, find the target instance.
- Open the Adjust Bandwidth pop-up window in any of the following ways:
- In the Operation column of the target instance, select Configure > Adjust Bandwidth.
- Click the instance ID and click Adjust Bandwidth after Max Network Throughput in the Network Info section on the Instance Details page.
- In the Adjust Bandwidth pop-up window, select the desired additional bandwidth on the slider bar after Additional Bandwidth.
||The instance name.|
||The instance specification: Shard quantity, memory, and replica quantity.|
||The read-only replica status.|
||The bandwidth per (master or replica) node in the instance.|
||Select the additional bandwidth on the slider bar.|
|Total Instance Bandwidth
- If read-only replica is enabled, the total instance bandwidth = additional bandwidth * shard quantity + standard bandwidth * shard quantity * Max ([read-only replica quantity, 1]). The shard quantity in the standard architecture is 1.
- If read-only replica is not enabled, the total instance bandwidth = additional bandwidth * shard quantity + standard bandwidth * shard quantity. The shard quantity in the standard architecture is 1.
||Free of charge currently.|
- After confirming that the total bandwidth meets your expectations, click Confirm.
- Instance Status will change to Processing. Wait for it to change to Running. Then, you can see that the Max Network Throughput is the updated total bandwidth in the Network Info section on the Instance Details page.
||Modifies the network configuration of an instance to change its bandwidth.