This example shows you how to configure an alarm. Assume you want to send an alarm via SMS to the number
12345678888 when the CPU utilization of CVM instance
ins-12345678 (in Guangzhou region)
exceeds 80% for
two consecutive 5-minute periods.
- Log in to the Cloud Monitoring Console.
- In the left sidebar, click Alarm Configuration -> Alarm Policy.
- Click Add and configure the following items.
- Configure the policy name and other items.
- Policy Name: CPU alarm
- Policy Type: Cloud Virtual Machine
- Configure the alarm object. In the “Alarm Object” module, choose “Select some objects” and select the CVM instance.
- Configure the trigger condition. In the “Trigger Conditions” module, configure the following conditions.
- Select “Configure trigger conditions”
- Select “Indicator alarm”:
- Alarm repetition period:
- Configure the alarm channel. Add an alarm recipient group (click Add Recipient Group to create one if you have not already done so).
- Click Complete to complete the alarm configuration.
- If the CPU utilization of the instance exceeds 80% for two consecutive 5-minute periods, the number
12345678888 will receive an alarm via SMS from Tencent Cloud.