This document describes how to create a bucket on the Bucket List page in the COS console. For more information on buckets, see Bucket Overview.
Each account can create up to 200 buckets regardless of the region.
- Log in to the COS console.
- Click Bucket List on the left sidebar.
- Click Create Bucket.
- In the pop-up window, configure the following information:
- Basic information
- Region: Select a COS region corresponding to the physical location where your business or users are distributed. This parameter cannot be modified once configured. For more information on regions, see Regions and Access Endpoints.
- Name: Enter a custom bucket name, which cannot be modified once configured. For more information, see Bucket Overview.
- Access Permission: A bucket provides three types of access permissions by default, i.e., Private Read/Write, Public Read/Private Write, and Public Read/Write. The configured permission can be modified later. For more information, see Setting Access Permission.
- Domain Name: This value is generated automatically. After creating a bucket, you can use this domain name to access the bucket.
- Advanced settings
Advanced settings are optional and can be set as needed.
- Versioning: If this feature is enabled, and you upload an object with the same name as an existing object, the historical version will be retained.
- Logging: Logging helps you log all kinds of requests for bucket operations.
- Bucket Tag: A tag is used as an identifier to manage buckets. For more information, see Setting Bucket Tags.
- Server-Side Encryption: Currently, the supported bucket encryption method is SSE-COS encryption (i.e., server-side encryption using COS-managed encryption keys). For more information on server-side encryption, see Server-Side Encryption Overview.
- Configuration confirmation
Confirm the bucket configurations. If you need to change anything, click Previous and modify as needed.
- Confirm the information and click Create to create the bucket. Then, you can view the created bucket on the Bucket List page.