This document describes how to restore a historical version as the latest version via the COS console. For more information about versioning, please see Versioning Overview.
- Object restoration refers to restoring a historical object version as the latest one with the historical version retained.
- To delete a historical version, please see Setting Versioning and Deleting an Object.
- Currently, you can only restore objects one by one instead of in batches.
The following describes the scenarios and rules for object restoration.
- Versioning-enabled buckets support object restoration.。
- If versioning is enabled and then disabled for a bucket, object restoration is not supported.
- Buckets that have never had versioning enabled do not support object restoration.
- Historical versions: can be restored
- Latest versions: cannot be restored
- Versions with delete markers: cannot be restored
Before you restore an object, ensure that you have enabled versioning for the bucket. If not, enable it by referring to Setting Versioning.
- Log in to the COS console.
- Click Bucket List on the left sidebar.
- Locate the bucket where the object resides and click the bucket name.
- Click File List on the left sidebar.
- Click List Historical Versions, find the object to restore, and click Restore in the Operation column.
- In the pop-up window, check the version information of the object to restore, and click OK.
- View the restored version of the object in the file list.