1. What are Tencent Cloud Channel Partners (sell partners)?
Tencent Cloud Channel Partners (sell partners) partner with Tencent Cloud to market or sell Tencent Cloud products and services. Tencent Cloud Channel Partners include resellers, agents, and distributors, etc.
2. What are Tencent Cloud Service Partners?
Tencent Cloud Service Partners enhance Tencent Cloud’s delivery and serve capabilities. Tencent Cloud Service Partners include Managed Service Providers (MSPs), System Integrators and consulting partners, etc.
3. What are Tencent Cloud Technology Partners (build partners)?
Tencent Cloud Technology Partners enrich Tencent product offerings . Tencent Cloud Technology Partners include Independent Software Vendors (ISV), cloud marketplace PaaS and SaaS providers, developer tools, management, and security vendors, etc.
4. What is Tencent’s Partner Program Tier?
Tencent Cloud offers different partner tier categories based on Tencent Cloud’s partner tiering requirements. Subject to meeting these requirements, partners may apply to become a Standard, Silver, Gold, or Premium tier partner (each a “Tencent Cloud Partner”). Each Partner Program Tier enjoys different benefits granted by Tencent Cloud.
5. What benefits would Tencent’s Partner Program Tier offer?
Tencent Cloud provides technical benefits, marketing benefits, and sales benefits to Tencent Cloud Partners for each Partner Program Tier.
6. What are the requirements to become a Tencent Cloud Partner?
To become a Tencent Cloud Partner, you will need to meet the relevant partnering tier requirements, including those relating to revenue commitments, obtaining the required certification status, and submitting customer success stories and annual business plans with Tencent.
7. How does Tencent’s Partner Program Tier work for a new Tencent Cloud Partner?
When you join Tencent Cloud partner network as a new partner, you will automatically become a Standard tier Tencent Cloud Partner. Tencent Cloud will review the tier status and partnering tier requirements on an annual basis and adjust the tier accordingly.
Further, Tencent Cloud Partners who have joined the Tencent Cloud Partner network for less than one year (“New Partners”) may apply for a higher tier (“Upgraded Tier”) if they can meet following requirements:
• The New Partner has minimally been a Tencent Cloud Partner for at least 3 months and have achieved a quarterly revenue that meets 25% of the revenue requirement specified for the Upgraded Tier;
• The New Partner submits a written commitment to meet the annual revenue specified for the Upgraded Tier;
• The New Partner drafts and submits the business plan as required under the relevant Upgraded Tier;
• The New Partner submits a written commitment to obtain Tencent Cloud certifications as required for the Upgraded Tier within 12 months from the date of application for the Upgraded Tier
8. Are there any exceptions to the partner tiering requirements?
Yes, some the partner tiering requirements may be waived for the following partners.
· Partners of AWS
Partners of the AWS Registered tier may be certified as Tencent Cloud Standard partners.
Partners of the AWS Selected tier may be certified as Tencent Cloud Silver partners.
Partners of the AWS advanced tier may be certified as Tencent Cloud Gold partners.
Partners of the AWS premium tier may be certified as Tencent Cloud Platinum partners
· Partners of Microsoft Azure
Partners of the Azure Action Pack tier may be certified as Tencent Cloud Standard partners.
Partners of the Azure Silver competency may be certified as Tencent Cloud Silver partners.
Partners of the Azure Gold competency may be certified as Tencent Cloud Gold partners.
If you wish to find out whether you qualify, please feel free to contact us.
9. What is the requirement for business plan?
To qualify as a Gold and Silver tier Tencent Cloud Partner, you will need to provide a basic business plan which should minimally address all the questions in the template (as attached). If you wish to apply to become a Premium tier Tencent Cloud Partner, please contact us and a Tencent Cloud channel manager will contact you directly to co-develop a joint business plan.
10. Eligibility to use Tencent Cloud Badge