In order to use the Tencent Cloud Cloud Date Warehouse Service(the “Service”), you shall read and comply with this Tencent Cloud Cloud Date Warehouse Service Level Agreement (this “Agreement”) and the Tencent Cloud Service Agreement. This Agreement contains, among others, the terms and definitions of the Service, Service Availability and Service Availability Standard, Compensation Plan and Disclaimer of Liabilities. Please carefully read and fully understand each and every provision hereof, and the provisions restricting or disclaiming certain liabilities, or otherwise related to your material rights and interests, are in bold font or underlined or otherwise brought to your special attention.
Please do not purchase the Service unless and until you have fully read, and completely understood and accepted all the terms hereof. By clicking “Agree”/ “Next”, or by purchasing or using the Service, or by otherwise accepting this Agreement, whether express or implied, you are deemed to have read, and agreed to be bound by, this Agreement. This Agreement shall then have legal effect on both you and Tencent Cloud, constituting a binding legal document on both parties. For the purposes of these Terms of Service, “Tencent Cloud” refers to the applicable Tencent entity as set forth in the Tencent Cloud Service Agreement.
Refers to the easy-to-use, flexible, stable, cost-effective and efficient cloud data warehouse hosting services provided by Tencent Cloud, which are mainly applied to business analysis and decision-making, log analysis, user behavior insight, business operations and management and other scenarios, subject to the services actually purchased by you and provided by Tencent Cloud.
Service Month(s) refers to the calendar month(s) within the term of the Service purchased by you. For example, if you purchase the Service for a term of three months starting from March 17, there will be four (4) Service Months until June 16 (the first Service Month from March 17 to March 31, the second from April 1 to April 30, the third from May 1 to May 31, and the fourth from June 1 to June 16). The Service Availability will be calculated separately for each Service Month.
In a certain minute, if all your continuous requests to establish a connection to a specified Cloud Data Warehouse Cluster (“Cluster”) fail attributable to Tencent Cloud, the Service is deemed as unavailable (“Service Unavailability”) in such minute, except under the circumstances as set forth in Article 4 of this Agreement.
The sum of unavailable unit time in a Service Month is Service Downtime Calculated in Minutes within such Service Month.
Total Number of Minutes within Service Month(s) = the total number of days in such Service Month(s) × 24 (hours) × 60 (minutes).
Each Cluster calculates the Monthly Service Fee separately based on the actual consumption in a Service Month. If you purchase a Cluster on October 20, even if you pay for services in multiple months in a lump sum, the Monthly Service Fee for October only refers to the fee incurred for using such Cluster from October 20 to October 31.
Service Availability is calculated on a single Cluster basis as follows:
Service Availability = (Total Number of Minutes within a Service Month - Service Downtime Calculated in Minutes within such Service Month) / Total Number of Minutes within such Service Month × 100%.
The Service Availability for the Service shall be no less than 99.9% (“Service Availability Standard”), which means that the Service Availability for a single Cluster shall be no less than 99.9% in each Service Month.
In respect of the Service, if the Service fails to meet the Service Availability Standard, you will be entitled to compensations in accordance with the following terms:
(1) Compensations will be made in the form of voucher by Tencent Cloud, and after receiving the voucher, you should use the voucher by abiding the voucher usage rules (including usage period, etc., subject to the voucher usage rules published on Tencent Cloud official website). Such voucher cannot be converted into cash, and no invoice will be issued with respect thereof. The voucher may only be used to purchase the Service by using your Tencent Cloud account, and you cannot use the voucher to purchase other services of Tencent Cloud, nor should you give the voucher to a third party for consideration or for free.
(2) If the Service fails to meet the Service Availability Standard in any Service Month, the amount of compensation shall be calculated for such Service Month independently, and the aggregate amount shall be no more than the Monthly Service Fee you pay for the Service in the Service Month in which the Service fails to meet the Service Availability Standard (the Monthly Service Fee excludes the portion deducted by vouchers, coupons, service fee reduction or exemption, etc.).
|Service Availability in a Service Month||Value of Compensational Voucher|
|Less than 99.9% but is or higher than 99%||10% of the Monthly Service Fee|
|Less than 99% but is or higher than 95%||25% of the Monthly Service Fee|
|Less than 95%||100% of the Monthly Service Fee|
(1) If the Service Availability in a Service Month fails to meet the Service Availability Standard, you may apply for compensation only through the Tencent Cloud ticket system under your relevant account after the fifth (5th) business day of the month immediately following such Service Month. Tencent Cloud will verify and ascertain your application upon receipt of such application. If there is any dispute over the calculation of the Service Availability for a Service Month, both parties agree that the back-end record of Tencent Cloud shall prevail.
(2) You shall apply for compensation no later than the sixtieth (60th) calendar day following the end of the Service Month in which the Service fails to meet the Service Availability Standard. If you fail to make any application within such period, or make the application after such period, or make the application by any means other than that agreed herein, it shall be deemed that you have voluntarily waived your right to apply for such compensation and any other rights you may have against Tencent Cloud, in which case Tencent Cloud has the right to reject your application for compensation and not to make any compensation to you.
If you believe that the Service fails to meet the Service Availability Standard, you may apply for compensation within the time period as stipulated under this Agreement. Tencent Cloud may request you to provide the following materials and you shall cooperate to provide the appropriate materials.
(1) Account information, including Account ID and APPID.
(2) Reasons for the application, the information of the Cluster in an abnormal status and the specific time period of the Service Unavailability.
(3) Any other information that Tencent Cloud reasonably requests you to provide.
If the Service is unavailable due to any of the following reasons, the corresponding Service Downtime shall not be counted towards Service Unavailability period, and is not eligible for compensation by Tencent Cloud, and Tencent Cloud will not be held liable to you:
4.1 Any failure due to your customized code or configuration files, including but not limited to failures due to improper configuration parameters, improper resource usage and business logic bug.
4.2 Any failure due to the device, software or other technology of you or any other third party (except the third parties directly controlled by the Service).
4.3 Any system maintenance with prior notice by Tencent Cloud, including system cutover, upgrade, malfunction simulation test and any other planned downtime.
4.4 Any slow response and system hang under ultra-high performance pressure.
4.5 Any Service Unavailability due to the attack on your application program or data information by hackers.
4.6 Any Service Unavailability during the process of the node type change, expansion and reduction of capacity of the Service.
4.7 Any Service Unavailability due to the unavoidable insert operations in the process of expanding the capacity of the Service.
4.8 Any loss or leak of data, passcode or password due to your improper maintenance or improper confidentiality measures.
4.9 Any negligence of you or any operation authorized by you.
4.10 Any Service Unavailability due to your configuration of the Cluster as “Non-High-Availability” mode or you configuration of data copy as a single copy.
4.11 Any force majeure event and any Service Unavailability or failure to meet the Service Availability Standard due to reasons not attributable to Tencent Cloud.
4.12 Any other circumstances in which Tencent Cloud will be exempted or released from its liabilities for compensation or otherwise according to applicable laws, regulations, agreements or rules, or rules or guidelines published by Tencent Cloud separately.
5.1 The parties hereto acknowledge and agree that, for any losses incurred by you for the use of the Service due to any breach by Tencent Cloud, the aggregate liability of Tencent Cloud shall under no circumstance exceed the total service fees you have paid for the relevant Service which fails to meet the Service Availability Standard. If you have used the Service for more than 12 months, the total aggregate liability of Tencent Cloud shall not exceed the total service fees you have paid to Tencent Cloud for the Service which fails to meet the Service Availability Standard in the 12 months immediately preceding the date that event giving rise to the liability first occurred.
5.2 Tencent Cloud has the right to amend the terms of this Agreement as appropriate or necessary in light of changes in due course. You may review the most updated version of relevant Agreement terms on the Tencent Cloud official website. If you disagree with such revisions made by Tencent Cloud to this Agreement, you have the right to cease using the Service; by continuing to use the Service, you shall be deemed to have accepted this Agreement as amended.
5.3 As an ancillary agreement to the Tencent Cloud Service Agreement, this Agreement is of the same legal effect as the Tencent Cloud Service Agreement. In respect of any matter not agreed herein, you shall comply with relevant terms under the Tencent Cloud Service Agreement. In case of any conflict or discrepancy between this Agreement and the Tencent Cloud Service Agreement, this Agreement prevails to the extent of such conflict or discrepancy. (End)