This document describes how to clone a TencentDB for MySQL instance and quickly restore data to the newly purchased clone in the console.
You can restore a TencentDB for MySQL instance to any point in time within the log backup retention period or from a specific physical backup set by cloning. The clone is a new instance created from the backup data according to the restoration point in time you have specified. After the clone has been verified, you can migrate its data back to the original instance with DTS or you can start using the clone.
- Clone an instance and restore the clone to any point in time within the log backup retention period you set.
- Clone an instance and restore the clone from a specific physical backup set within the data backup retention period you set.
Billing of the clone
- The clone adopts the pay-as-you-go billing mode. For more information on this billing mode and fee calculation, please see Billing Overview.
- The clone will not be billed until the clone process is completed.
- Supported instance architectures: two-node or three-node MySQL
- The original instance must be in the Running status.
- If the clone mode is set to By backup set, the original instance must have created at least one physical backup. You can log in to the console, select Database Backup on the left sidebar, and view backup status on the Backup List tab.
- The balance of your account must be positive.
- The new clone instance size must be greater than or equal to the source instance.
- The hard disk space of the clone instance must be larger than the amount of the data to be cloned from, or else the clone task may fail.
- The availability zone, database version, replication mode, and default database parameters of the clone must be the same as those of the original instance.
- The clone will not be displayed in the instance list in the console until the clone process is completed.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MySQL console. In the instance list, click an instance ID or Manage in the Operation column to enter the instance management page.
- Select Backup and Restoration > Data Backup List, click Clone on the upper left corner, or locate the desired backup and click Clone in the Operation column.
- On the displayed purchase page, specify the clone mode and other configurations and click Buy Now.
- By time point: you can restore an instance to any time point within the log backup retention period.
- By backup set: you can restore data from a backup set to a new instance. The available backup sets depend on the data backup retention period.
You can log in to the console, select Database Backup on the left sidebar, and view backup retention period on the Backup List tab.
- After purchase, you can view the clone details on the Backup and Restore > Cloned Instance List tab.
- After the clone process is completed, you can view the newly created clone instance in the instance list.
Will the access to the original instance be affected during the clone process?
The original backup set and binlogs uploaded to COS are used for cloning, which will not affect the access to the source instance.