For Tencent Cloud CVMs that using Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019, Virtio ENI drivers are installed to optimize the network performance of virtualization hardware. This document describes how to update the Virtio ENI driver and check the driver version.
You have logged in to a Windows CVM.
Viewing system version information
Perform the following steps to view the system version.
- Log in to the CVM, right-click , and select Run in the pop-up menu.
cmd in the pop-up window and press Enter.
- In the pop-up window, run the
systeminfo command to view the system information.
This document uses Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition 64-bit as an example.
Updating the Virtio ENI driver
The CVM will be disconnected briefly during the update. Please make sure that this will not affect your service before continuing. The CVM needs to be restarted after the update.
- Download the Virtio ENI driver installation file for the operating system version by using the browser in the CVM.
Choose the download address based on the network environment:
- Public network download address:
- Private network download address:
- After the download is completed, double-click the installer and click Next.
- Keep "VirtioDrivers" checked by default and click Next, as shown below:
- Select the installation location and click Install, as shown below:
- In the Windows Security pop-up window, check Always trust the software from Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited and click Install.
During the installation process, choose Install this driver software anyway when prompted.
- Follow the prompt to restart the computer to complete the update.
Checking the driver version
- Right-click and select Run in the pop-up menu.
- In the Run window, enter ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
- In the Network Connection window, right-click the "Ethernet" icon and choose Properties.
- In the Ethernet Properties window, click Configure.
- In the Tencent Virtio Ethernet Adapter Properties window, select the Driver tab to see the current driver version.