This document describes how to migrate instances among dedicated hosts.
To migrate an instance, note the following:
- The instance to migrate is shut down.
- An instance with local disks cannot be migrated.
- Use VPC for the migiration. If you need to migrate an instance in the classic network, switch to VPC
The destination CVM Dedicated Host (CDH) should meet the following requirements:
- Both the source and destination CDHs are in the same availability zone of a single region under the same account.
- The destination CDH has sufficient available resources. The available CPU and memory resources should be no less than that of the instances to migrate.
- Log in to the CVM console and click Dedicated Hosts on the left sidebar.
- Select the region where the CDH resides.
- Click the ID/Host Name of the CDH that hosts the instance to migrate to enter the details page. Select the Instance List tab.
- Migrate one or multiple instances in the list as needed:
Select the instance to migrate, and click More > Change Host under the Operation column.
Select instances to migrate, and select More Actions > Change Host above the list.
- In the pop-up window, select a destination host.
- Click OK.
Refresh the Dedicated Hosts page. You can see that the instances reside in another host after the migration, and they are shut down.
Was this page helpful?