This document describes how to configure a URL list to migrate data through the Agent in semi-managed mode.
Create a bucket to store the migrated data as instructed in Creating Bucket.
Create a sub-user for migration and grant the required permissions:
Log in to the CAM console.
Click User > User List on the left sidebar to enter the user list page.
Create a sub-user and select Programming access and Tencent Cloud console access.
Search for and select the
Complete creating the sub-user and save the sub-username, login password,
You can use Migration Service Platform (MSP) with your root account. However, for security reasons, we recommend you create a sub-account, use the sub-account's API key for migration, and delete the sub-user after migration.
On the Object Storage Migration page, click Create a Task to enter the object storage migration task configuration page and set migration parameters.
Set the migration task name.
Task Name: It can contain 1–60 letters, digits, underscores, and hyphens. You will need to use this name when viewing the migration status and progress in the task list.
Estimate the task size.
We recommend you enter an optional accurate task size for us to better prepare resources.
Set the source of files to be migrated.
Here, select URL list for Service Provider, prepare the text file of the URL list as prompted, upload it to a place accessible over HTTP, and enter the HTTP access URL of this file in the following input box.
- No matter whether it is the file source service or URL list file service to be migrated, it must support HTTP multipart download.
- If the HTTP address of the file to be migrated contains special symbols, we recommend you URL-encode it.
- We recommend you directly upload the URL list file to the target COS bucket, set it as publicly readable, paste its COS access URL here, and then delete it after the migration task is completed.
Select the header migration mode.
If the file in the source bucket has headers and tags set and they need to be retained after migration, select to keep them or set the replacement rule.
Set the migration rule.
Choose to migrate all the files of the specified bucket, or only migrate files with a specified prefix.
Set a time range.
Enable Time Range to migrate only files added or changed within the specified time range.
Select a file storage type.
Set the storage type of the migrated files based on your migration needs. You can select Standard Storage, Infrequent Access Storage, Keep the original storage properties, or Archive Storage.
Set the execution speed.
All public cloud object storage services have speed limits. To ensure business stability, check with the source vendor and set the maximum available migration bandwidth in Mbps before migrating.
Select the migration target.
In Migration Target Information, enter the
SecretKey of the Tencent Cloud sub-user for migration. Then, click the Refresh icon on the right of the Migration bucket name drop-down list to get the list of target buckets.
Specify the directory in the target bucket for migration and the method to process files with the same name.
/dir/b.txtare to be migrated, and "dest" is entered in the text box. In this case, after migration, the paths of these two files in the target bucket will be
dest/20180901is entered in the text box, then after migration, the paths of these two files in the target bucket will be
- If you select Overwrite for files with the same name, the source files will directly overwrite the files with the same name in the target bucket.
- If you select Skip for files with the same name, the system will process them based on the last modification time of the files (
- If the
LastModifiedof the file in the source address is at or after that of the file in the target address, overwriting will be performed.
- If the
LastModifiedof the file in the source address is before that of the file in the target address, no overwriting will be performed.
- Perform secondary migration if the object (file) content is changed during migration.
Select a migration mode.
Click Create and Start to start the migration task.
You can view the status and progress of all file migration tasks on the file migration tool homepage:
• For the Task completed status, green indicates that the migration task was completed and all files were successfully migrated, while yellow indicates that the migration task was completed but some files failed to be migrated.
• After you click Retry failed task, files that failed in the task will be retried for migration, while files that have been successfully migrated will not be transferred again.
• You can click Export to export the list of files that failed to be migrated.
The migration speed is subject to the lowest speed during each stage of the migration process and is affected by factors such as the network transfer speed and maximum concurrency as detailed below:
|Read speed of the migration source||The read speed of the data source varies by vendor.
|Transfer speed of MSP||MSP offers up to 2,000 Mbps migration bandwidth in fully managed mode. In semi-managed mode, the bandwidth is subject to your migration resource size.|
|Write speed of the migration target||COS: The default write speed is 15,000 Mbps, and the write QPS is 3,000–30,000.|