This document describes how to create repositories.
- Log in to the CODING Console and click the team domain name to go to CODING.
- Click in the upper-right corner to open the project list page and click a project icon to open the corresponding project.
- In the menu on the left, select Code Repositories.
- If Code Repositories is not shown on the left, the project admin needs to go to Project Settings > Projects and Members > Functions to enable the relevant function.
Create Git and SVN Repositories
Create a Git repository
- In the code repository list, click Create Code Repository in the top-right corner and select Create from Scratch.
- Select Git as the repository type and enter a valid repository name.
- We recommend you select the Generate README File option. When this is enabled, the Git repository is automatically initialized after creation.
- We recommend you select Private Repository. Enable the Code Scanning function as needed to discover and avoid potential code issues.
- Click Create.
After the repository is initialized, you can use Git commands to associate it when a local repository. For details, see Common Git Commands.
Create an SVN repository
CODING supports the creation of SVN repositories. For more information about creating and using SVN repositories, see SVN Repository Usage.
Create from Template
CODING provides a preset code repository module. You can use sample code to learn how the code repository module works with continuous integration and artifacts.
Import an External Repository
You can quickly migrate existing Git repositories to the CODING DevOps platform. For details, see Import or Associate External Repository.