A personal access token is similar to the special passwords for applications in certain systems. You can use the generated token to access specific APIs to create applications or scripts.
- Log in to the CODING Console and click Use Now to go to CODING page.
- Hover over your profile photo in the upper-right corner and click Personal Settings.
- In the menu on the left, click Access Token.
Create an access token
- Click Create Token, enter a token description, and select the access permissions for the token.
- Click Create Token. When submitting the request, you will need to enter the service password to verify your identity.
- Click OK to create the access token.
- After submitting the request, you will be brought back to the list of access tokens, and the new token will be shown.
The token will only be shown once. As a security precaution, copy and paste it into your application or script and do not save a copy. If you are using the token for testing purposes, generate a new token after the testing and paste it into the final application or script.
Edit an access token
- Click Edit on the right of the token to enter the Edit page.
- You can edit the token description and permissions.
- Click Update Token and enter the service password to verify your identity.
- Click OK to complete editing the token.
If you have lost or forgotten the token, click Regenerate on the Edit page to update the token.
Delete an access token
- Click Delete on the right of a token to delete it. You can also click Remove All to remove all access tokens.
- Enter the service password to verify your identity, and then click OK to delete the token.
If a token is no longer used, we recommend you delete the token to prevent it from being compromised.