After purchasing a license, you can bind it in the TRTC console, the CSS console, or the VOD console to add a new license or extend the validity of an existing license. This document is used to show you how to activate a capability using a trial or official license, and how to extend the validity of an existing capability.
Starting from v10.1, the MLVB license can also activate the video playback capability. This means you can now use the video playback capability of the Player SDK with a MLVB license or UGSV license.
Purchasing an official license
1. Get an official license.
2. Bind the license. You can either bind the license to a new application or use it to activate live streaming for an existing application.
Bind an official license to a new application
Activate the capability for an existing application
2. Enter an app name, a package name, and a bundle ID, select Live streaming (live stream publishing + video playback), and click Next.
3. Click Bind, select a live stream publishing license which you have purchased, and click Create. If there are no license resources to bind, go to the Purchase Page to buy resources.
Before clicking Confirm, double-check the bundle ID and package name and make sure they are identical to what you submit to app stores. The information cannot be modified after submission.
4. After the official license is successfully created, you will see the license URL and key, which you need to pass in when initializing the SDK. Save a copy of the information.
1. Select an existing official license to which you want to add the live stream publishing capability (live stream publishing + video playback), and click Activate more capabilities.
2. Select Live stream publishing (live stream publishing + video playback) and click Next.
3. Click Bind, select a CSS traffic package or live stream publishing license which you have purchased, and click Confirm. If there are no license resources to bind, go to the Purchase Page to buy resources.
Extend the validity of a capability
You can view the validity of a license bound in the TRTC console, the CSS console, or the VOD console. You can also subscribe to notifications (Message Center messages/email/SMS) from the MLVB SDK in Message Subscription. We will send you notifications 30 days, 15 days, seven days, and one day before a license expires. To avoid business interruption, please extend the validity of a capability in a timely manner. If a license has expired, you can follow the steps below to extend the validity of the corresponding capability:
1. Select the target license and click Update validity in the Live stream publishing area, and proceed to the Renewal Management page:
You cannot modify the information of an official license, and renewing the validity will not affect the original license information. If you want to use a license resource you purchased for a new application, click Create official license to bind it to a new application.
2. Select the target License and click Renew:
Licenses with auto-renewal enabled will be renewed annually upon expiration. Ensure sufficient account balance before enabling, or renewal failure may affect usage. Manage auto-renewal in two ways below:
Managing Auto-renewal in Console
Managing Auto-renewal in Renewal Management
You can go to Renewal Management to set recources for Auto-Renewal. Fine the target resources, click to Set to Auto-Renewal.