This document describes how to add a PTR record, through which you can reversely resolve a private IP address to the corresponding private network domain name.
You need to configure reverse private domain DNS before adding PTR records. For detailed directions, please see Reverse DNS and PTR Record Description.
- You have created the corresponding private domain.
- You have configured reverse private domain DNS.
- Log in to the Private DNS console and click Private Domain List on the left sidebar to enter the private domain list.
- In the Private Domain List, click the name of the private domain for which you need to create a PTR record or DNS as shown below:
- On the DNS Records tab, click Add Record and enter the following record value information as shown below:
- Host: the combination of the host and the created domain name (without
in-addr.arpa) is in the fixed IPv4 format, and you can enter only an integer between 0 and 255 for each IP range.
- Record Type: only PTR is supported.
- Record Value: enter the private domain name corresponding to the private IP address.
- TTL: it is the cache time and 300s by default. The smaller the value, the faster the change to the record will take effect. You can enter an integer between 1 and 86400.
- Click Save.
If anything goes wrong during this process, please contact us.