CLS uses CKafka instances to consume log topic data. This document describes how to enable CKafka consumption for a log topic.
Tencent Cloud CKafka has been activated, and a CKafka consumption instance and a message queue topic have been created in the same region as the log topic.
For details about how to create a CKafka instance, see Creating Instances and Topics.
- Log in to the CLS console.
- Click Log Topic in the left sidebar.
- Click the log topic name/ID for which CKafka consumption needs to be configured to go to its details page.
- Click the CKafka Consumption tab.
- Click Edit on the right. Toggle the switch to enable Ship to CKafka, and select a CKafka instance for consumption and a corresponding message queue topic.
- Click Save. If the status of Ship to CKafka is displayed as "Enabled", it has been enabled successfully.
> - The `CleanUp.policy` attribute of the CKafka topic shipped must be set to `delete`. Otherwise, the shipping will fail.
> - To cleanse the log data before shipping to CKafka, please see [CLS Dump to CKafka](https://www.tencentcloud.com/document/product/614/38885).