A tag is a key-value pair provided by Tencent Cloud to identify a resource in the cloud. You can use tags to easily categorize and manage TDMQ for Pulsar resources in many dimensions such as business, purpose, and owner.
Tencent Cloud will not use the tags you set, and they will only be used for your management of TDMQ for Pulsar resources.
The use limits of tags are as follows:
Each Tencent Cloud resource can have up to 50 tags.
Do not create tag keys prefixed with
project because they are reserved for the system.
A tag key can contain up to 255 digits, letters, and symbols
It can be either an empty string or a string of up to 127 digits, letters, and symbols
Directions and Use Cases
A company has 6 TDMQ for Pulsar clusters, with the department, business scope, and owner information as described below:
You can add the following three tags to the
Similarly, you can also set appropriate tags for other resources based on their department, business scope, and owner information.
Setting tags in the TDMQ for Pulsar console
After designing the tag keys and values as detailed above, you can log in to the TDMQ for Pulsar console to set tags.
2. On the Cluster Management page, select the target region and cluster and click Edit Resource Tag at the top of the page.
3. Set tags in the Edit Tag pop-up window.
For example, add three tags for the
If existing tags cannot meet your needs, go to the [Tag] console(https://console.tencentcloud.com/tag/taglist!2ec512a4e347ea6fc304960dfe8b3d58) to create more.
4. Click OK, and you will be prompted that the tags have been modified successfully. You can view the tags bound to a cluster in its Resource Tag column.
Filtering resources by tag key
You can filter clusters bound to a specific tag in the following steps:
1. Select Tag in the search box at the top-right corner of the page.
2. In the pop-up window, select the tag you want to search for and click OK.
For example, if you select
Tag: owner:john, you can filter clusters bound to the tag key