Last updated: 2023-04-18 16:59:27
Ultra high performance
- A single shard can sustain up to 240,000 QPS, and the performance of an entire instance can be linearly improved as the number of shards increases.
- Computing/Storage resources can be independently and imperceptibly scaled, and a single instance can offer exabytes of storage capacity.
- Each node at the computing layer can be read and written, and a single instance can easily sustain tens of millions of QPS.
- Ultra high compression ratio (up to 20:1) is supported for storage, which is especially suitable for business scenarios with a high number of writes and a low number of reads.
Professional and reliable services
- TDSQL has been massively verified by various types of Tencent's core products for over 10 years, such as social networking, ecommerce, payment, audio and video services.
- It has comprehensive features of data backup, disaster recovery, and quick upgrade.
- It boasts a complete monitoring and alarming system, where most of failures can be recovered through automated program processing.
- It supports data encryption by AES and Chinese SM4 algorithms to meet the compliance requirements of static data encryption.
- It supports various cutting-edge features in the distributed database world, such as distributed multi-table join, small table broadcast, distributed transaction, and SQL passthrough.
- It achieves a high availability of up to 99.95% and a high data reliability of up to 99.99999% (seven nines).
Ease of use
- Except for a small number of syntax differences from native MySQL and MariaDB, TDSQL can be used just like a standalone database, and the sharding process is imperceptible to the business and requires no manual intervention.
- It is compatible with MySQL protocols (i.e., supporting kernels such as MySQL and MariaDB).
- It provides a web-based console, read/write separation, and dedicated Ops commands.