After a callback address is set, Tencent Cloud will notify the callback address of successful delivery, email rejection, email bounce, email open, click on link, unsubscription, and other events. You can configure a callback address in the SES console. This document describes how to create a callback address.
- A callback address can be at the account or sender address level. By default, the callback address is empty, indicating no notification. An account-level callback address applies to all the sender addresses under the account, while a callback address at the sender address level applies only to the sender address.
- The sender address-level callback takes priority over the account-level callback as follows.
- If both account-level and sender address-level callbacks are set, the former applies only to the sender address, while the latter applies to other sender addresses.
- If only an account-level callback is set, it applies to all the sender addresses under the account.
- If only a sender address-level callback is set, it applies only to the sender address.
- Only one account-level callback can be created, and only one sender address-level callback can be created for a sender address.
Callback addresses support only ports 8080, 8081, and 8082.
Callback address at the account level
- Log in to the SES console, select Configuration > Callback Address > Account level, and click .
- Enter a real callback address and click Save.
Callback address at the sender address level
- On the Callback Address page, select Sender address level and click Create.
- Enter the following parameters as needed and click Submit.
- Sender Address: Select the configured sender address.
- Callback Address: Enter a real callback address.