This document describes how to quickly connect to the bot traffic management feature and defend against malicious traffic during routine operations.
To connect to bot traffic management, you need to purchase an extra pack of WAF.
Currently, WAF Enterprise and Ultimate users are offered a free trial of the bot traffic management feature to observe how bots affect websites.
When you use applications, mini programs, and clients as well as cross-domain scheduling, the CAPTCHA issued by the WAF instance cannot be parsed and recognized. Therefore, the bot traffic management feature cannot parse and pop up the CAPTCHA for verification. After multiple CAPTCHAs are triggered, the access requests of normal users will be blocked, affecting the business.
Therefore, when configuring a CAPTCHA action, you need to modify the frontend/client business accordingly as instructed in Connecting Frontend-Backend Separated Site to WAF CAPTCHA.
On the Bot management page, click in the Rules section.
- Make sure that your client is a WeChat Official Account, HTML5 page, application, mini program, or PC client.
- When you only have a browser, WeChat Official Account, or HTML5 page as the client and need cross-domain scheduling, enable the browser bot defense module to achieve the best protection.
2. In the browser bot defense module, click Configure now to configure protection for key pages.
For more information, see Bot Management.
In Threat intelligence module on the Bot management page, click . When the module is enabled for the first time, all recognition items will be enabled. After you enable corresponding items, you can recognize the access sources at different malicious levels from the threat intelligence module and IDC.
In the threat intelligence module, click Configure now to set the IDC network and threat intelligence library.
The current business callback API is in the IDC domain:
- If you are not sure about a source IP, contact us to add the IDC to the allowlist, that is, to disable the IDC option in the threat intelligence module for the business.
- If you are sure about the current business callback IP, add the source IP to the allowlist in Custom rules. For more information, see Precise Allowlist Management.
In AI evaluation module on the Bot management page, click .
In Bot flow statistics module on the Bot management page, click .