With the aid of smart compression, Tencent Cloud CDN can compress the returned resources with Gzip or Brotli according to set rules, which effectively reduces the size of transferred content and costs.
- If your domain name is configured for global acceleration, the smart compression configuration will take effect globally. This configuration does not distinguish between requests from the Chinese mainland and from outside the Chinese mainland.
- The file type (content-type) and Brotli compression are currently not available in regions outside the Chinese mainland.
Log in to the CDN console, select Domain Management on the left sidebar, and click Manage on the right of a domain name to enter its configuration page. Open the Advanced Configuration tab to find the Smart Compression section. This configuration is enabled by default.
Click Modify to modify the compression rules:
- The configuration can be modified when disabled, but will not be officially deployed until it is enabled.
- If Gzip and Brotli are both selected, the compressed files will be returned according to the request compression header.
- If Brotli is selected only and the request compression header does not support it, the original resources will be returned without being compressed.
Contact our sales team or business advisors to help your business.
Open a ticket if you're looking for further assistance. Our Ticket is 7x24 avaliable.
Was this page helpful?