This document describes how to accelerate access to resources in COS through CDN.
Log in to the CDN console and click Domain Management in the left sidebar to enter the domain name management page. Then click Create a Distribution.
Enter your business domain name in the domain field, select a project and acceleration type, choose whether to enable IPv6 access, and set a tag:
|Chinese mainland: all requests are scheduled to cache nodes in the Chinese mainland.
Outside the Chinese mainland: all requests are scheduled to cache nodes outside the Chinese mainland.
Global: requests are scheduled to the nearest optimal node.
Notes: Acceleration services in and outside the Chinese mainland are billed separately. For more information, see Billing Overview.
|Acceleration Domain Name
|1. The domain name can contain up to 81 characters.
2. ICP filing is required for domain names running in the Chinese mainland.
3. Sub-domains (
a.b.test.com) and wildcard domain names (
*.a.test.com) are supported.
4. You need to verify the domain name ownership when connecting a wildcard domain name or a connected domain name.
1. If a wildcard domain name is connected here, its sub-domains and second-level wildcard domain names cannot be connected by any other accounts.
2. Domain names in the format of
*.a.test.com cannot be configured at the same time.
3. Domain names containing underscores and punycode-converted Chinese characters are now available.
4. Malicious or high-risk domain names cannot be connected to. For more information, see Use Limits.
|(Optional) Project is a set of resources shared by all Tencent Cloud products. You can manage it on the Project Management page.
|Tencent Cloud CDN optimizes acceleration performance based on the service type. For the best acceleration result, we recommend that you select a service type that is similar to that of your actual business.
CDN is applicable to the acceleration of static resources. ECDN is applicable to the acceleration of dynamic resources.
• Acceleration of small webpage file downloads: applicable to e-commerce, websites, UGC communities, and other business scenarios that mainly involve small static resources, such as webpage styles, images, and small files.
• Acceleration of large file downloads: applicable to business scenarios where large files, such as game installation packages, application updates, and application program packages, are downloaded.
• Audio and video on demand acceleration: applicable to audio and video on-demand scenarios that require acceleration, such as online on-demand audio and video streaming.
• Dynamic and static content acceleration: applicable to business scenarios where dynamic and static data is integrated, such as various website homepages.
• Dynamic content acceleration: applicable to scenarios such as account login, order transactions, API calls, and real-time queries.
Once selected, the acceleration type cannot be changed. To change the acceleration type, delete the domain name, add the domain name again, and then select a new acceleration type.
|(Optional) CDN nodes support IPv4 access by default. IPv6 access will be supported after it is enabled.
Note: IPv6 access is only available in the Chinese mainland.
|(Optional) A tag is used to manage resources by category from different dimensions. If the existing tags do not meet your requirements, please go to Tag.
Configure the origin. When the requested resource is not cached on CDN nodes, CDN will forward the request to the origin, pull the requested resource and cache it on CDN nodes.
After entering all configuration items on the Add domain name page, click OK and wait for domain name configuration to be delivered over the entire network, which usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
After successfully adding a domain name, you can view the acceleration CNAME assigned by CDN on the Domain Management page.
You must add the CNAME record for the domain name at your DNS provider, such as DNSPod. After the DNS configuration takes effect, acceleration services become available. For more information, see CNAME Configuration.