This document describes how to quickly purchase and use a Lighthouse instance.
Step 1. Sign up and top up
- Sign up for a Tencent Cloud account.
If you already have a Tencent Cloud account, ignore this step.
- Top up online.
Lighthouse instances are available through monthly subscription. To make a purchase, you need to top up your account as instructed in Payment Methods.
Step 2. Purchase a Windows Lighthouse instance
- Log in to the Lighthouse console.
- Click Create to enter the Lighthouse purchase page as shown below:
- Region: We recommend you select a region near your target users to reduce the network latency and improve their access speed.
- Availability zone: Randomly assigned is selected by default. You can select one as well.
- Image: Select an OS as needed. The Windows Server 2022 system image is selected here as an example.
- Instance bundle: Select an instance bundle according to the required instance configuration (including CPU, memory, system disk, bandwidth, and data transfer plan).
- Instance name: Enter a custom instance name. If it is left empty, an "image name + 4-digit random string" will be used as the name by default. When multiple instances are created in a batch, their names will be consecutive with auto-incrementing suffixes. For example, if you enter "LH" as the name and purchase three instances, the three instances are named "LH1", "LH2", and "LH3".
- *Login method: If you select a Windows image, you can use this option to set the login password of the instance:
- Set password: Set the custom password for instance login.
- Random password: The system sends an automatically generated password to your Message Center.
- Purchase period: Default to 1 month.
- Quantity: Default to 1.
- Click Buy now.
- Confirm the configuration information is correct, click Submit order and make the payment as prompted.
Step 3. Log in to the Windows Lighthouse instance
- In the Lighthouse console, find the newly purchased instance in the instance list and click Log in.
You will log in to the Windows instance through a VNC terminal.
- In the Log in pop-up window, select Send remote command in the top-left corner and press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to enter the system login page.
- Enter the login password and press Enter to log in to the instance.
In addition, you can use the local RDP tool (such as MSTSC that comes with Windows) to remotely connect to the Windows instance.