Microsoft Remote Desktop (MRD) is a remote desktop software developed by Microsoft. This document describes how to use it on macOS to upload files to a Lighthouse instance with Windows Server 2012 R2 installed.
- You have downloaded and installed MRD on your local computer. Go to Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Beta to download and install it.
- MRD supports macOS 10.10 and later versions. Make sure your operating system is compatible.
- You have obtained the Lighthouse instance admin account and password.
- The default admin account of a Windows Lighthouse instance is
- If you forgot the login password, you can reset it.
Obtaining public IP
Log in to the Lighthouse console and get the public IP of the target Lighthouse instance on the Instances page.
- Start MRD and click Add Desktop, as shown below:
- In the Add Desktop pop-up window, follow the steps illustrated in the following image to select a folder to upload and establish a connection with your Windows instance.
- In the PC name text field, enter the public IP address of your Lighthouse instance.
- Click Folders to redirect to the folder list.
- Click in the lower-left corner and select the folder to be uploaded in the pop-up window.
- Check your list of folders to upload and click Add.
- Retain the default settings for the other options and establish the connection.
Your entry has now been saved, as shown below:
- Double-click the new entry. Enter your username and password for the Lighthouse instance and click Continue.
- In the pop-up window, click Continue to establish the connection, as shown below:
If the connection is successful, the following page will appear:
- Click in the lower-left corner and select My Computer to see a list of shared folders as shown below:
- Double-click a shared folder to open it. Copy desired local files to another drive of the Windows Lighthouse instance.
For example, copy the file A from the folder to the C drive of the Windows Lighthouse instance.
To download files from the Windows Lighthouse instance to your computer, you only need to copy desired files from the instance to a shared folder.
Was this page helpful?