EdgeOne supports WebSocket protocol access, which enables the server to actively push data to the client. WebSocket protocol is a persistent protocol based on TCP, which implements full-duplex communication between the client and the server, allowing the server to actively send information to the client. Before the WebSocket protocol, Web Apps that implemented client-server duplex communication had to constantly send HTTP requests for inquiries, which led to increased service costs and inefficiency. Due to the advantages of full-duplex communication, WebSocket is widely used in social subscription, collaborative office, market updates, interactive live streaming, online education, Internet of Things, and other scenarios, which can better save server resources and bandwidth, and achieve more real-time communication.
1. Currently, only HTTP/1.1-based WebSocket is supported, and HTTP/2 WebSocket is not supported.
2. Maximum connection timeout duration supported: 300 seconds.
Scenario 1: Configure WebSocket for all domain names of the site
If you need to enable/disable WebSocket for the whole connected site, or as a site-level fallback configuration, please refer to the following steps:
1. Log in to the EdgeOne console, click on the site list in the left menu bar, and click on the site to be configured in the site list to enter the site details page.
2. On the site details page, click on Security Acceleration > Network Optimization to enter the network optimization details page.
3. Find the WebSocket configuration card, click the switch to enable or disable the WebSocket function,and configure the maximum connection timeout duration.
Activated: By default, WebSocket protocol is not supported. When enabled, WebSocket protocol is supported.
Maximum connection timeout duration: If no data is sent or received within the timeout period, the connection will be disconnected.
Scenario 2: Configure WebSocket for specified domain names
If you need to configure WebSocket for different domain names, for example, configure WebSocket for the
www.example.com domain under the
example.com site, please refer to the following steps:
1. Log in to the EdgeOne console, click on the site list in the left menu bar, and click on the site to be configured in the site list.
2. On the site details page, click on the rule engine.
3. On the rule engine management page, click Create Rule to enter the new rule editing page. On the rule editing page, select Host as the matching type and configure it as
4. Click on the operation, and in the pop-up operation list, select WebSocket as the operation, click the switch to enable, and configure the maximum connection timeout duration.
Maximum connection duration: Can be configured between 1-300 seconds.
5. Click Save and Publish to complete the rule configuration.