Before using CSS, you need to know the following use limits:
|CSS domain name
- Multiple playback and push domain names can be created under an account. If the acceleration region of a domain name is the Chinese mainland or global, the domain name must have an ICP filing from MIIT, and the filing information must be currently valid and available.
- You can manage up to 100 domain names under one account by default. If your business scale is large, you can submit a ticket to apply for increasing the maximum number of domain names.
- We recommend you keep the length of a domain name no more than 45 characters. If you want a longer domain name, you need to submit a ticket for assistance.
- A domain name managed by CSS can be used to push or play back live streams normally only after the domain name is resolved. For more information, see Configuring CNAME for Domain Name.
||The CSS service does not limit the push bitrate and supports common resolutions and corresponding bitrates. To avoid push lag, we recommend you keep the bitrate below 4 Mbps.
- A stream can be played back only when the `StreamName` of the playback address is the same as that of the push address.
- There is no limit to the number of live stream viewers. You can set your own bandwidth limit for live streaming.
- If you need additional support for a large-scale surge in live streaming traffic, you need to submit a ticket or contact your Tencent Cloud rep three business days in advance for assistance. Such surges mainly include the following two types:
- The sudden daily peak bandwidth exceeds 200 Gbps, and the surge is 200% of the daily peak.
- The sudden daily peak bandwidth exceeds 500 Gbps.
||After a template is successfully bound, it takes 5–10 minutes for it to take effect.
|Daily billing mode switch
||You can select bill-by-traffic or bill-by-bandwidth for daily billing. You can switch the billing mode only once per day, and the switch will take effect on the next day.
|Supported push protocols
||CSS supports the RTMP and SRT protocols. For more information, see Live Streaming Basics.
|Supported playback protocols
- CSS supports the RTMP, FLV, and HLS playback protocols. For more information, see Live Streaming Basics.
- LEB supports the WebRTC playback protocol.