To use CSS, you must have at least two domains, one push domain and one playback domain. You cannot use the same domain for both push and playback.
1. You have activated CSS.
Adding Your Own Domain
1. Log in to the CSS console and select Domain Management on the left sidebar.
2. Click Add Domain and complete the following settings in the pop-up window:
2.1 If you need to add a push domain: Enter the domain name and select the domain type as Push Domain.
2.2 If you need to add a playback domain: Enter the domain name, select the domain type as Playback Domain, and choose the acceleration region, with the default being Chinese mainland.
2.3 Tags are used to categorize and manage resources from different dimensions. If the existing tags do not meet your requirements, you can also go to the Tag Console to manage tags uniformly.
2.4 Click on Add Domain.
The domain name can be up to 45 characters long and cannot contain uppercase letters.
By default, you can add up to 100 domains under each Tencent Cloud account. If you you need to add more than 100 domains, please submit a ticket to raise the limit.
You can change the acceleration region of a domain added. On the Domain Management page, click the name of the domain or click Manage on the right. Select the Advanced Configuration tab, click Edit in the Region configuration area, select the acceleration region again in the pop-up window, and click Save.
Verifying Your Domain
To make sure that a domain can only be added by its owner, you need to verify your ownership of a domain before you can add it in the CSS console. For example, to add
a.test.com, you need to verify your ownership of
test.com. You don’t need to verify again when adding domains with the same parent domain, such as
b.test.com. You can verify a domain either by adding a DNS record or by uploading an HTML file. If a previously added domain is not verified, when you add a domain with the same parent domain, verification is still required.
You can verify your ownership of a domain by adding a DNS record at your DNS provider. If you use Tencent Cloud’s DNS service, follow the steps below to add a DNS record.
2. Select DNS > My Domains on the left sidebar and click the parent domain of the domain you want to add.
3. On the Record Management page, click Add Record.
4. Enter the following information:
CSS assigns a unique record value for each domain. You can view it in the CSS console when adding your domain.
5. Click Confirm. The TXT record will take effect in about five minutes.
6. Return to the CSS console, click Verify now. If the verification succeeds, you can proceed to the next step.
You can also verify your domain by uploading an HTML file.
1. When asked to verify your domain in the CSS console, select HTML file.
2. Download the file.
3. Upload the file to the root directory of the second-level domain.
4. Make sure you can access the file via
http://second-level domain/second-level domain_cssauth.html.
5. Click Verify now. If the verification succeeds, you can proceed to the next step.
After finishing the Basic settings, you can proceed to the CNAME configuration step. For more information about CNAME configuration, see Configuring CNAME for Domain Name.