This document describes how to log in to a Windows instance from different mobile devices using Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Applicable Mobile Devices
iOS and Android devices
- The CVM instance is in the Running status.
- You already have the administrator account and password to log in to the instance.
- A public IP has been purchased for your CVM instance, and the port 3389 is open. It is open by default for a CVM instance purchased with quick configuration.
This document uses the iOS device as an example. Steps for Android devices are almost the same.
- Download Microsoft Remote Desktop and start it.
- In the PCs page, tap + in the upper-right corner, then tap Add PC.
- Configure the login information to add a PC.
- PC name: the public IP address of your CVM instance. For more information, see Getting Public IP Addresses.
- User account: by default, Ask when required is selected.
- Tap Save.
- In the PCs page, select the instance to log in and enter its administrator account and password.
- User name: enter the administrator account
- Password: enter the instance login password.
- Tap Continue. If the page shown in the following figure is displayed, the login succeeds.