This document describes how to transcode a video and use the player to play the transcoded video.
Before you go on, make sure you have read Stage 1. Play back a source video. You will be using the account registered and the video uploaded in stage 1.
Step 1. Encrypt a Video
1. In the VOD console, select Application Management on the left sidebar and select the target application. On the Media Assets > Video/Audio Management page, select the target video (file ID 387xxxxx8142975036), and click Transcoding.
2. Complete the following settings:
2.1 Select Transcoding for Processing Type.
2.2 Click Select template to select a transcoding template.
2.3 In the window that pops up, select the template
2.4 Click Confirm to start the transcoding task.
3. Select Task Center on the left sidebar and find the transcoding task you started. If the status of the task has changed from "Processing" to "Completed", the video has been transcoded.
4. Return to the Media Assets > Video/Audio Management page, find your video, and click Manage on the right.
Under the Transcoding outputs tab, you will see the output of the transcoding task.
Step 2. Generate a Player Signature
In this step, you use the signature tool to quickly generate a player signature to play the video.
1. Select Distribution and Playback > Player Signature Tools on the left sidebar and complete the following settings: Video file ID: Enter the file ID generated in Step 1 (387xxxxx8142975036).
Signature expiration time: Enter the player signature expiration time. If you leave it empty, the signature will never expire.
Playable video type: Select Transcoding.
Transcoding template: Select
2. Click Generate to get the signature string.
Step 3. Play the Video
After step 2, you have obtained the three parameters needed for video playback:
psign (player signature). The following describes how to play the video on the web.
Playback on the web
Select Video playback.
Click the File ID tab.
fileID: Enter the same file ID in the previous step.
appID: Enter the ID of the VOD application to which the file belongs (which is also the App ID displayed on the signature generation page in the previous step).
psign: Enter the signature string generated in the previous step.
2. Click Preview to play the video.
Multi-platform player demos
After generating the player signature, you can use our player demos for web, Android, and iOS to play the video. For details, see the source code for the demos.
At this point, you have understood how to transcode a video and use the player to play it.