The player SDK provides capabilities for both Live streaming playback and VOD playback. You can apply for a free player license to experience it in the VOD console, the CSS console, or the TRTC console, and add a new license or extend the validity of an existing license. This document is used to show you how to bind an official license to a new application, and how to extend the validity of an existing capability.
The player SDK can be authorized for use by applying for a Video playback License for free, or by purchasing either a Live streaming license or a UGSV License. If you have already purchased a Live streaming license or a UGSV License, you can also obtain the authorization to use the player SDK without separately applying for a Video playback License. For more information on Live Streaming License, see License Billing Overview and Adding and Renewing a License. For more information on UGSV License, see License Pricing Overview and Adding and Renewing a License.
Obtain the Official License
There are two methods to obtain the player License:
Method1: Apply for a free independent Video playback license to obtain authorization (expires at 00:00:00 the next day). Method2: Purchase a Live streaming license or a UGSV license, and you can also obtain permission to use the Player SDK.
Bind the Official License
After you apply for or purchase a player license for free, you need to bind the license to the application on the License Management page of the VOD console, the CSS console, or the TRTC console.
You can either bind the Video playback license to a new application, or you can bind a Live streaming License or UGSV License, you can also use it to unlock Player SDK. The two methods are as follows:
Method 1: Bind an official license to a new application.
Method 2: Unlock the player feature and bind the license in the created official version of the application.
2. Enter an app name, a package name, and a bundle ID, select Playback License (Video playback), and click Next.
3. Automatically select the one year free player license resource. Click Create an application and and generate a basic version license.
Before clicking Confirm, double-check the bundle ID and package name and make sure they are identical to what you submit to app stores. The information cannot be modified after submission.
4. After the official license is successfully created, you will see the license URL and key, which you need to pass in when initializing the SDK. Save a copy of the information.
1. Select the Official license that you want to add the player (Video playback) feature, and click Activate more capabilities.
2. Select Player License (Video playback), then click Next.
3. Automatically select the one year free player License resource, and click Confirm to generate the official version of the player feature under the application.
Extend the Validity of a Capability
You can view the validity of a license bound in the VOD console, the CSS console, or the TRTC console. You can also subscribe to notifications (Message Center messages/email/SMS) in Message Subscription. We will send you notifications 32 days, 7 days, 3 days, and 1 day before a license expires. To avoid business interruption, please extend the validity of a capability in a timely manner.
If your player license has expired, you can apply to renew the validity period within one month before expiration. Please refer to the following operations to renew:
1. Select the target license and click Renew in the Video playback.
2. Click Confirm to complete the validity period update.
You cannot modify the information of Player License, and renewing the validity will not affect the original license information. If you want to modify the information of a license, please click Create official license to bind it to a new application.