VOD allows you to distribute media stored in a self-owned origin server or third-party storage service via VOD’s CDN. To use this feature, you need to add a custom domain in VOD and configure origin server information such as the origin server type, protocol, and origin server address (you can only configure origin servers for custom domains).
1. Log in to the VOD console and select Application Management on the left sidebar.
2. Select the target application.
3. You will be directed to the Service Overview page.
4. Select Distribution and Playback > Domain Name on the left sidebar. 5. Select the Custom origin server domains tab at the top.
6. Click Add Domain and complete the domain and origin server settings:
Configure the domain
Enter your domain name and select the acceleration region. For detailed directions, see Customizing Domain Names.
Configure the origin server
Origin server type
VOD supports two types of origin servers: self-owned servers and third-party storage services (two third-party services are supported currently).
An existing server with stable performance. You can enter multiple IP addresses or one domain name.
A non-Tencent Cloud third-party storage service. Currently, Alibaba Cloud OSS and AWS S3 are supported.
The protocol used when a CDN cache node pulls data from your origin server. HTTP and HTTPS are supported.
HTTP is used for both HTTP and HTTPS requests.
HTTPS is used for both HTTP and HTTPS requests.
HTTP will be used for HTTP requests, and HTTPS will be used for HTTPS requests.
If you select HTTPS, make sure your origin server supports HTTPS. Otherwise, VOD will fail to pull data from it.
Origin server address
You can enter multiple IP addresses (separate with commas) or one domain.
If your content is stored in the bucket of a third-party storage service, enter a valid address of the bucket (cannot contain
http:// headers). Currently, Alibaba Cloud OSS and AWS S3 are supported.
If you use a private bucket, you need to enter a valid access key and ID to authorize VOD to access the bucket, For more information, see Access Key Obtaining Guidelines.
For self-owned origin servers, you can specify the host of a domain or IP address that VOD pulls from. If you do not specify it, VOD will pull from the current domain.
7. After adding a custom domain in VOD, for end users to access your content via the domain, you need to add a CNAME record for it at your DNS provider. For detailed directions, see Customizing Domain Names.
Modifying Origin Server Information
You can modify the origin server information of a custom domain.
1. Go to Domain Name and select the Custom origin server domains tab, find the target domain, and click Set. 2. Click Modify to modify the origin server information. It takes about five minutes for modifications to take effect.
To change a custom origin server domain to a VOD domain, you need to disable the domain, remove it as a custom origin server domain, and add it again under the VOD acceleration domains tab.
If you want to configure an origin server for a VOD domain, you need to disable the domain, remove it as a VOD acceleration domain, and add it again under the Custom origin server domains tab.